8 Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress (Free & Paid)
Google Analytics is one of the most important plugins for WordPress. It allows you to track your website’s traffic, monitor visitor’s behavior, show top performing pages, traffic sources, etc. In this article, we will share the 8 best Google Analytics plugin for WordPress.
Why Use a Google Analytics WordPress Plugin?
There are many benefits to using a Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. For example, if you run a blog or website, then you can easily monitor your website’s traffic, view user’s GEO location and their actions, total page views, most popular pages, top referral pages, bounce rate, and many more.
Once you have this information, you can improve your content as well as other important pages that help to boost your traffic and grow your business.
8 Best Google Analytics Plugin for WordPress
MonsterInsights is the most popular Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It has over 2 million active installs and has a rating of 4.5 out of 5.
MonsterInsights allows you to track your website’s traffic and always keeps you up to date with the newest features in Google Analytics. It shows you all the traffic stats directly on your WordPress dashboard, so you don’t need to open Google Analytics every time.
This Analytics plugin is very user-friendly and easy to set up. The good thing about this plugin is that it doesn’t require any manual set up. All you have to install and link your Google Analytics profile with this plugin.
MonsterInsights is a freemium plugin. The free version plugin comes with a very limited feature, where the Pro version includes more powerful features like popular post tracking, events tracking, e-commerce tracking, affiliate link tracking, file download tracking, ad tracking, custom reports, etc.
- User-friendly and takes only one minute to set up
- Can check real-time stats
- You can track outbound link, affiliate links, and file downloads
- Many powerful features like ads tracking, forms tracking, events tracking, custom reports, etc. available
- E-commerce tracking available
Analytify is another great Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. Analytify comes with the most advanced features and beautiful UI that makes you more comfortable to understand.
It presents you the statistics from Google Analytics in a beautiful way on your dashboard, even you can get stats from page/posts directly. This means, if you want to check stats of any single post or page, you can do it under page/post section.
Analytify is a freemium plugin and the Pro version plugin includes so many advanced features such as real-time traffic stats, social media statistics, mobile device statistics, list of top referrers, list of top countries and cities, average time on site, total page views, top keywords and many more.
Setting up this plugin is very simple. Its 1-Click authentication process adds Google Analytics tracking code to your website, so you don’t need to copy code manually. It also provides shortcodes that you can use to highlight stats in your custom templates.
- Beautiful UI design
- Show real-time statistics
- Google Analytics Stats under the single posts, pages & Custom Post
- Details stats about sessions, users, bounce rate, average time on site, new/returning visitors, etc.
- Shows user’s system status like which devices, the browser they are using
- List of top performing countries and cities, top referrers browsers
- Use ShortCodes
Google Analytics WD allows you to track your website visitors and provide you all the traffic details right on your WordPress dashboard. Like other Google Analytics WordPress plugins, it doesn’t require any manual setup. Once the plugin installed, you just need to authenticate this plugin with Google analytics.
You can select any date range and check the traffic within this time. From the plugin dashboard, you can check real-time traffic stats, traffic source, most popular pages, location and browsers reports, etc.
You can also create custom email alerts and pushover notifications, so whenever selected metrics reach their highest or lowest points, you will be notified automatically.
Google Analytics WD is available in both free and premium versions. With the free version plugin, you will get only basic features. But Premium version plugin includes demographics, geo, traffic source, site speed, E-commerce reports, Google AdSense and AdWords reports and many more.
- Check real-time visitors, page views
- Comparison by Metrics and Date Range in reports
- Allows sending scheduled emails for any report
- You can choose to exclude Google Analytics tracking of specific roles or users
- Exclude site traffic from IP address, country, city or region
- You can set custom dimensions
- You can easily integrate AdSense and AdWords
ExactMetrics formerly known as Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP) is the best free Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. It has over 1 million active installs and has a rating of 4.3 out of 5.
This analytics plugin tracks your site traffic and brings you all data in front of your WordPress dashboard. After login to your WordPress admin dashboard, you can see your site traffic stats. This plugin comes with many advanced features if compared to other paid plugins.
From the plugin dashboard, you can check sessions, users, page views, bounce rate, organic search, page/session, etc. By default, ExactMetrics fetches all traffic details from the last 30 days, but you can change the time from 1 day to the last 3 years. It also provides you to track real-time visitors.
Setting up this plugin is simple, all you have to integrate your Google Analytics profile with this plugin. Once done, this plugin will highlight all the traffic details on your WordPress dashboard.
- You can track real-time visitors, acquisition channels, and traffic sources details
- It provides you sessions, organic searches, page views, bounce rate analytics reports
- It allows you to tracks events like downloads, emails, outbound links, affiliate links, etc.
- This plugin is fully compatible with multisite network installs
- It’s completely free
#5 Google Analyticator
Google Analyticator is another free Google Analytics plugin for WordPress. Google Analyticator is a very simple plugin and easy to set up. This plugin adds several widgets to your admin area for displaying Analytics data of your site. It displays a graph of the last 30 days of visitors, a summary of site usage, page views, page/post referrers, searches, etc.
With page stats, you can track all links on the page, events, download links, etc.
This plugin provides you with one of the coolest features, which is shortcodes. Using shortcode [analytics] anywhere on your site to show your analytics publicly or you can use the shortcode [analytics-counter]in your footer widget to show your daily pageviews. From the plugin setting, you can enable Google Adsense ID to track Adsense information.
- It supports Universal and traditional analytics
- You can use the shortcode on any page to show our analytics publicly
- Support site speed tracking
- Can track total page views, referral sources, top searches, bounce rates, download link tracking, etc.
- You can specify the user roles that can see the dashboard widget
- Ability to hide Google UID dropdown
- Translations available
#6 WP Statistics
WP Statistics is the only Google Analytics plugin for WordPress available which doesn’t depend on any external service. So, you don’t need to integrate this plugin with Google Analytics. This plugin will provide your site traffic details once you activate it.
As there is no link between this plugin and Google Analytics, so this plugin works on its way. From the plugin setting, you can easily view statistics presented as graphs. It shows you total users, total visits, GeoIP, referrers, stats, etc. You can also see total search queries and redirects from popular search engines like Google, Bing, DuckDuckGo, Yahoo, Yandex, and Baidu.
This plugin allows you to get common traffic reports such as user online, page views, total visitors, etc via your email. You can also add multiple emails to get traffic reports.
- You don’t need to link this plugin with Google Analytics service
- GeoIP location by Country and interactive map of visitors location
- See search queries and redirects from popular search engines like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
- Shortcodes are available for both widgets and posts/pages
- Get stats to your email
- Automatic updates to the GeoIP database
#7 WP Power Stats
WP Power Stats is another free Google analytics plugin for WordPress. WP Power Stats works the same way as the WP Statistics does. This plugin is light-weight and comes with some cool features. If you need only basic traffic statistics like page views, devices, organic searches, browsers, OS, top posts, etc, then this plugin is a good option for you.
This plugin doesn’t require Google Analytics service to activate it, so you just need to activate this plugin to get started.
- Very light-weight and easy to use
- No third party required for activating this plugin
- Get all statistics page views, traffic sources, geographical location, viewed post on your admin dashboard
- translation available
Jetpack is an all-in-one WordPress plugin that offers security, performance, and site management tools. By default, Jetpack comes with WordPress installations.
Using Jetpack, you can monitor your site stats. After installing this plugin, go to Jetpack> Site Stats, then you will be asked to log in with your WordPress.com account.
To get started with Jetpack, you need to link your WordPress.com account with it. Once activated, You can see total views, total referrers, top posts & pages, etc.
Google Analytics for WordPress is a must-have plugin if you run a WordPress blog or business site. Google Analytics plugin provides you all your website traffic details such as total page views, top keywords, user’s GEO location, referral traffic, etc. and help you to grow your organic traffic.
Which Google Analytics plugin for WordPress is your favorite, let us know in the comment section.
*This post may have affiliate links, which means I may receive a small fee if you choose to purchase through my links (at no extra cost to you). This helps us to keep WPMyWeb up and running and up-to-date. Thank you if you use our links, we really appreciate it! Learn more.