7 Best Keyword Research Tools for SEO
Keyword Research is the most important, valuable and effective part of SEO. For this you need Keyword Research tools, and there are many keyword research tools available out there.
So, Why Do You Need Keyword Research for SEO?
Well, the secret is getting organic traffic on a specified keyword to your business or personal blog. As you know adding random keywords to your business is not a good idea. Suppose, if your business related to smartphones and gadgets, then you need to use only smartphone and gadgets.
Nowadays, there are many blogging website in almost every niche and its became to a competition among them. Who doesn’t want to stay to the front page in Search Engines like- Google, Bing, Yahoo etc.
So, for this you need to do Keyword Research and on this post i’m going to show you 7 Best Keyword Research Tools that will help to grow your organic traffic.
7 Best Keyword Research Tools of 2016
There is no doubt that SEMrush is the best keyword research tool available in internet. SEMrush is providing all in one solution for your business or even your personal blog.
They have over 129,000,000+ registered domains and approx 1,121,303 users using SEMrush. To use Semrush, you need to buy this server on monthly basis or annual basis. Using this service you can check analytics reports of your website and create your own projects for better SEO ideas.
After adding your website, you can track your keyword’s position ranking on Google search results. From that dashboard you are getting SEO ideas to fully optimize your pages to rank high on Organic Search Results.
- Get analytical reports of Organic Research, Advertising Research, Display Advertising.
- You can check your keyword difficulty and compare Domain vs. Domain compare.
- Create your own campaign and easily track your website position.
- For better page optimization, you can use their own built SEO ideas which is very helpful trick.
- Get full list of opponents Backlinks source and their landing pages.
Extra: Now SEMrush providing a Powerful SEO Toolbox for your Browser. So from here you can check any website’s Alexa rank, SEMrush rank, Google indexed page, Bing indexed page, total backlinks and more… Download SEOquake
$69.95/month. Annual Plans, Save up to $1100.
TRY SEMrush for 14 day worth $140
Ahrefs is one of most popular Search engine marketing tools available in internet, and it works great than any other Keyword Research Tools.
Everyday they crawl over 4 billion web pages, index from 12 trillion known links. And they have over 600,000 users all over the world have used Ahrefs to rank higher in search. That’s not all. It works in same way as SEMrush does, but it has lot more features that helps to optimize your pages easily. Ahrefs’ Site Explorer combines three powerful SEO tools in one interface: Backlink checker tool, Organic traffic research tool, Paid traffic research tool.
Their Backlink Research tool works great as it operates the world’s biggest index of live backlinks (over 15 trillion links).
You can also research top content for any topic. From that content you can get total number of backlinks, social shares and organic traffic etc. Some of their key features are mentioned below:
- Get in-depth look at the backlink profile and search traffic of any website or URL.
- From any top content, you get full details such as: total number of backlinks, total social shares, organic traffic etc.
- You can easily track your desktop and mobile rankings for any location.
- Get great keyword ideas to rank for. Check keyword difficulty score and get thousand of keyword suggestions.
- You will get notified of new & lost backlinks, web mentions and keywords rankings.
- Compare backlink profiles of up to 5 different domains.
- Find out who is linking to your competitors, but does not link to you. And discover your missing link opportunities.
Get the most important SEO metrics for any page you visit using Browser Extensions- Download Now
$99/month. Save 20% by paying annually.
Moz is one of the great Keyword Explorer tool for startups. Moz provides both Free and Pro features. In Free section, you can check Backlinks of any website from browser.
They also providing PRO features, which basically for SEO purpose. Their Keyword Explorer tool discovers and prioritizes the best keywords to target. You can see up to 1,000 keyword suggestions and track your keyword ranking.
Their another great tool is “Site Crawler” that identifies SEO issues and fixes that will take your website to the next level. It schedules SEO audits for any website, and provides you weekly reports with data showing broken pages and issues.
Key Features of Moz:
- You can do Keyword research in depth, get upto 1,000 similar keyword suggestions.
- They are providing free Backlink checker tool to check any site’s backlink easily.
- Using Moz Pro, you can track your keyword ranking weekly for your site and the competition.
- Track geo-targeted keyword rankings at the national, city, and neighborhood levels.
- Discover your top competitors and compare your ranking performance.
$99/month. $79/mo when you pay yearly.
KWFinder is a great keyword research tool for both short and long tail keywords. You can find a bunch of long tail keywords related to your niche with high search volumes and low keyword SEO difficulty.
This tool is good but it is built for low SEO competition if you use long tail keywords.
KWFinder gives you exact search volume data for your keyword research. You can also use this tool like Adwords, and all you can choose from countries, cities and different languages.
To use this service, you need to pay $12/month. In that price you can search 100 keywords per 24 hours, 100 keyword difficulty eval. per 24 hours and 200 keywords per search. It is the basic level subscription, you can upgrade your plan as your need.
$29/month. Save over 50% with annual plans.
If you are searching long tail keyword research tools, then HitTail is the best option for you. It’s mainly used for finding long tail keywords and it helps website owners, bloggers and marketers who want to increase traffic from Google and other search engines.
HitTail generates keyword suggestions by analyzing your website traffic and provides you specific long tail keywords that are relevant to your audience or website niche. And the good thing is that you don’t need to search keyword for hours, it works in background. So you get constantly new keyword ideas, and focus on your content.
- Specially built for long tail keyword searching
- Helps to increase your website traffic quickly
- It works on background, so you don’t need to spend hours to find keywords
- It generates long tail keyword suggestions by analyzing your website traffic and provides you proper long tail keywords.
SpyFu is another great tool for keyword researching for your blog or business. You can search for any domain and can see their places on Google. With that tools you can check every keyword they’ve bought on Adwords, every organic rank, and every ad variation in the last 10 years.
- It helps to improve your ranks by tapping into your competitors’ keyword strategies.
- Build momentum and move keywords in the top 50 results onto the first page.
- You can find Profitable Keywords and eliminate Bad Keywords.
$79/month. $49/month when you buy for 1 year.
Wordtracker is another great keyword planner tool that helps to grow your business. If you search for any keyword to your niche website, it gives you 200-300 related words and phrases that real people have recently typed into search engines.
If you are spending a lot time to find exact keywords, then use Wordtracker tool. It gives you only profitable keywords you’d never have thought of on your own. You can also get long tail keyword suggestions from Wordtracker.
- Keyword results based on real searches by real people.
- Direct access to the very latest data.
- Get details of Search trends, SEO competition metrics.
- You can get keyword suggestions from multiple sources, i.e- Google, YouTube and Amazon.
$27/month. Save up to 40% by paying annually.